Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Love You -

To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.
Karen Sunde, playwright and screenwriter

I am learning, or re-learning, just how powerful love can be. Just to express love can change everything around you. Love can take a tense situation and make it pleasant, love can turn things from bad to good. And, love can heal many pains.

The book by Joe Vitale, ‘zero limits,’ says that saying “I love you” will make the connection between you and the Divine. That connection alone can help make you feel better; it can change things dramatically around you. I am saying this phrase more and more every day. In my mind I repeat “I love you” as I go for my daily walks, as I browse and search the internet, as I write in my blog, as I prepare dinner, as I read. I am finding so many things improving because of it.

You should try this. If you work in the service industries you will come across a customer (or a guest, for hospitality) that is a bit unhappy with a certain situation. The next time you are facing an upset customer or guest, just repeat in your mind “I love you.” It won’t hurt anything, you don’t need to say it out loud (unless you think it will help), and you will be the only person who knows you are doing it. Just try it. See what happens within you and see what happens in the situation. I know everything will be better.

Let me know what happens.

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees