Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thoughtful Young Man

A young man came to the door yesterday. He introduced himself, handed me a half sheet of paper, and explained the reason for his visit. I thought I was in for a sales pitch of some kind, maybe the local high school is doing a fund raiser, or maybe he wants me to subscribe to magazines, but I was wrong.

The reason for his visit was to let me know he was having a party in a couple of days and said he would do his best to keep the noise level down, but if the party got a little too loud his phone number was on the paper he gave me and he said to call him right away. He just wanted to make sure the neighbors were aware of the party and that he cared about his neighbors.

Well, needless to say, I was impressed with this thoughtful young man. Because of his foresight and his concern for his neighbors, I don't care how loud they get, I will allow him his fun. The fact he took the initiative to type out and print his little notice, and to walk door to door in order to distribute them really tells me a lot about him and the level of responsibility he feels for the community.

If he were to apply for a job with my company, and if I had an opening, I would hire him. He has shown me a very good character. We need more responsible young people like him.

Tanner, I hope you have a wonderful birthday party.

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees