Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Talk about a long hotel stay

I just read this article about a couple who stayed in a hotel room for 22 years. The elderly couple said it was cheaper than an old-folks home and they get looked after. The article reported that they paid $238,270 over the years. I figure that comes to about $30 a night. Obviously they are getting X-cellent Guest Service.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22402935-5005961,00.html



This reminds me of an idea I had at one time. I heard on the radio where a station made a million dollar guarantee. They said if you pay them one million dollars, they guarantee to play your song on the radio.

I thought why not do that at my hotel? Offer a $50,000 guarantee. Tell people if they want to pay the hotel $50,000 (about $136 per night) we would guarantee to have their room ready for them at any time they dropped in, for one full year.

I never did promote the idea, but I still think it might be a good gimmick. Maybe I will have the chance to try it later in my career.

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees