Monday, September 3, 2007

Another Attitude Quote

“The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.” William James (1842 - 1910)

This is so true in my case. I have seen some of my worse situations suddenly turn around simply because I focused on positive thoughts. Look for the positive in every situation, even the devastating ones. I heard an interview with Dr. Joe Vitale and he said that ten years after a major, devastating event in your life, you can look back and see the positive that resulted from that situation when at the time you can’t see the positive. Then he went on to say why not look for the positive when the situation occurred? If you can see it ten years later, why not see it now? Take advantage of the fact that you can alter the attitudes of mind right away and skip over long periods of dread.

A poster one of my teachers had in the classroom in high school had the old saying on it, ‘when life gives you lemons make lemonade.” I remember that poster pretty clearly. It made sense to me at the time, but now it carries even greater meaning to me, now that I have the experience.

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees