Thursday, October 11, 2007

More About Ruthy

A while back I posted about the best cat - ever. Ruthy is no longer with us, but I still miss her. I felt like sharing a little more about her.

Ruthy, the best cat - ever, was my friend for many years. She lived with me in Phoenix, moved with me to Gresham, Oregon, and moved back to Phoenix, Arizona again. She moved just fine because everywhere we went, her favorite place to sleep was always there, my lap.


Ever since I took her home from the humane society shelter, she would curl up in my lap and go to sleep. There were times I had no idea she was in the room. I would look down and there she was, in my lap, sound asleep. She was able to climb into my lap without me noticing.


At night she would sleep between my legs. Other cats I have known would jump off the bed when I started to move my legs. Knowing this I used to pull my legs up, reposition them, then slide them back down around Ruthy and go back to sleep. One night I thought this was ridiculous, going to that much trouble for a cat. I decided if she jumps off the bed she can just as easily jump back on the bed. She surprised me.


When most cats would jump off, while I moved my legs, Ruthy just stayed there and rode the waves. As I moved my legs under the covers while tuning over in my sleep, Ruthy kept her spot in the bedspread until I settled down. Then she would roll over and curl back up to go back to sleep too. Another reason she was the best cat I ever had. It was like she was a perfect match for me, as a pet.

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees