Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Getting Old?

I was thinking about a small event that happened to me when I was managing a hotel in Albuquerque.

Two times on the same day I was stopped in my tracks by a realization that I was not as young as I once was. In my office I was looking over an employee file and noticed she was born the year I graduated from high school. I had to stop, lean back in my chair and give in to the thought that it was nearly twenty years since I graduated. After a big sigh I went back to my work and finished the day.

The second time I stopped in my tracks was in my car on the way home after work. It struck me that the reason I was looking at that employee file earlier in the day was because she was taking maternity leave. This time I had to pull over and stop the car for a couple of minutes as I realized that not only was it almost twenty years since I graduated, but I was also old enough to be a grandfather, chronologically speaking.

That was about five years ago.

Amazing, eh?

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees