Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Googledom

Tonight I engaged in an activity that many people do from time to time. I Googled my name. In the past when I typed Will Maguire in to Google I found myself way down the list, toward the back 30 or 40 pages. When I would add CHA after my name I popped up sooner.

But tonight, I entered just my name and I was on the first page. Actually, I was on the first page three times.

I was not the first Will Maguire on the list, that honor fell to an article about a Robert Maguire III and whether or not he will disengage as REIT executive. The second was not me either, that was a 16 year old Will Maguire and his blog with some good natured posts by his mates. It seems he and I do share a love of good friends.

The third, the fourth, and the fifth listing on the first page was about me. The first time I popped up on the first page and I was there three times. Wow.

This first of the three was my Hospitality Service blog, the second was an article I wrote and featured on Ezinearticles.com, and the third was a reply post I made on the American Hotel & Lodging Association's forum.

This is a red letter day for me. :)

No comments:

Border Land Hospitality

Border Land Hospitality Home Page

Helping hotels do what they do best, better.

Hotel Manager Talk

The Podcast Dedicated to Hotel Employees